Hey!! Hope my readers are doing well. It’s been a while since I updated my blog and so I thought I’ll share a recipe with you. By which I mean one of my favourite recipes.
I’m very picky when it comes to food and so not many South-Indian dishes are on my favourites list. This happens to be one of the South-Indian recipes and this recipe is extremely close to my heart because my grandma would make this for the family. I remember she told me about this recipe and how good it is for girls especially when we are on our periods. It really helps to fight the pain. Also, fenugreek (Methi) is really good for skin, hair, back pain and lactating mothers. I hope you’ll like this recipe. Do try it out and let me know what you think about it in the comment section or it will be great if you click a picture of this dish and post it on Facebook or Instagram or Twitter with the #EVAMAUDE. Can’t wait to hear from you guys!!
Basmati Rice (Any other rice of your choice) – 1 cup
Fenugreek Seeds (Methi Seeds) – Less than 1/4 cup
Jaggery – 1 cup
Coconut Milk – 1
Salt to taste.
Note: Palm Jaggery (Vole Bella) tastes even better.
- Put Fenugreek seeds (methi seeds) along with the rice in the cooker with a little water for 4 whistles.
- After the 4 whistles let the cooker cool down and then open it and add Jaggery (melt and strain) to the cooker.
- Once the jaggery is mixed well with the rice and fenugreek seeds then add Coconut milk and salt.
- Let it boil for some time until the seeds are soft and then you serve it.
- While serving add ghee over it (Optional)
Note: You can add more jaggery if you want to make the porridge sweet. Also, you can lessen the amount of fenugreek seed.
For Bookings & collaboration: firstname.lastname@example.org FACEBOOK PAGE | TWITTER | INSTAGRAM | PINTEREST |